Software Engineer Automation (all genders)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Karlsruhe (HQ)
You will be part of the cross-functional Automation Team, which is responsible for providing automated 2D and 3D ground truth annotations in our product. The Automation Team takes end-to-end responsibility for training data management, DL model development/training/monitoring, deployment of our components, inference productization, and more.
As a Software Engineer in the Automation Team, you help us build our automation engine. You will enable the team to develop DL models in a streamlined way, taking care of both interfacing with our infrastructure and web-tooling. As a Software Engineer you will help us to maintain our high standards of software quality and build scalable software solutions.
- You bring machine learning algorithms into production and help us scale up our system to automatically annotate millions of images a day
- You develop heuristic or algorithmic non-machine-learning automation components
- You provide the necessary tools and libraries to interface with our manual annotation tooling, orchestration system and cloud deployments
- You develop tooling to enable us to efficiently manage training data, continuously retrain and deploy models.
- You set up data pipelines, optimize model/data pipeline performance, write microservices and automate our business processes
- You write clean, well tested and well documented code and participate in code-reviews
- Solid software development skills and a passion for writing great code in a high-level language; Python preferred
- University degree in Computer Science (or similar) or a strong track record of successfully completed projects
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- You raise concerns over code-quality or lacking test cases and fix problems once you see them
- Practical experience in developing large and scalable software systems; experience with streaming data processing is a bonus
- Knowledge of running and scaling microservices in the cloud; expertise in Kubernetes is a plus
- You enjoy working in a team and actively communicating with your colleagues
- You are eager to learn, open-minded and hungry for new challenges
- Familiarity with agile software development
WHAT WE OFFER
- A crucial role in a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team
- A work environment that fosters trust, respect, and feedback
- An onboarding buddy to integrate you smoothly into our team
- Productivity and improvement time between the development sprints
- A mentor helping you with your personal goals, technical progress in general and your software engineering skills in particular
- Free snacks, drinks, and the option to join activities like hiking, climbing or board game nights
- Competitive salary, flexible working hours, work from home
OUR TECH STACK
Headquartered in Karlsruhe, our team has grown to more than 50 employees since 2017 and is part of the dSPACE Group since 2019. dSPACE is a market innovator and leader in providing solutions and systems for embedded controller software development in Automotive, Aerospace and Manufacturing industries. Founded in Germany in 1988, dSPACE employs over 1,800 dedicated people worldwide, who are committed to making the embedded controls software development process more efficient through innovative tools and services.
We are looking forward to expanding our team with the vision that UAI will be a different company a few years from now because our team is going to change it for the better.